Old 06-02-2004, 03:43 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Snails, Frogbit and Duckweed

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
Winter moves on by and all the ponders are ready to roll.

As spongbob would say, "I'm ready. I'm ready."

Are those apple snails or smaller ones? I took a dozen or so apple snails
from our pond and they have done VERY well in my 30 gal. They have a

bunch
of platies for company. All will go into the pond at the end of March when
the water is warm again.

The smaller ones. I had two apples survive and when they got golf ball sized
I put them in the aquarium. My dern clown loach still managed to eat them.
Ho hum.

If you need any plants, let me know. My hyacinths are dying for winter

but
will come back strong with the warmth...as the parrots feather and the
anacharis. By the time your pond is warm, I should have some extras.

I may take you up on that. The plants you sent me last year did great. I am
not sure how my overwintering is going, so I will gladly buy your surplus.

Last fall I fed hundreds and hundreds of mosquito fish to my Oscar and

hope
to have some of our koi babies make it this year. The mosquito fish are
good hunters!

snip

I went out to the pond last week and the minnows came to the surface and
told me, "All your pond are belong to us."

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com