Old 06-02-2004, 04:27 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Mail order vegetables

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote
in message ...
In message , David W.E.
Roberts writes
Still only finding seeds - perhaps you could supply a URL for mail

order
cherry tomato plants?

Dobies:

http://www.dobies.co.uk/cffiles/resu...08&cat_ca_ref=
527

Took me about 5 minutes to find. note it's a framed site, so this breaks
the frames.

But a GBP7 ish for 5 plants (plus postage I guess) it's an expensive way
to get such easily grown plants.

Thanks - this is the kind of service I was looking for.

Unfortunately the site seems to be partially broken at the moment - can't
get the details of individual items.

I found out a way to make it work (as hinted at above "note it's a framed
site, so this breaks the frames.") - presumably the original URL from Google
was from an older version of the web site, and now only partially works?

I have been in touch with the web site support (my contact has a Suttons
email address, interestingly) and told them:

"
further to my last report, I was using a URL such as
http://www.dobies.co.uk/cffiles/sear...cat_ca_ref=527 which seems to
work and navigate around the site until you get to the details button.

If I go right back to the welcome page I get the URL
http://www.dobies.co.uk/frameset.html which does not seem to change as I
navigate the site, and works fine.

It looks as though I have picked up an aberrant form of the URL which works
most of the time - perhaps from before the web site was changed/upgraded?"

So the site is now working, but still.....if the URL is alway shown as
http://www.dobies.co.uk/frameset.html then how do you bookmark parts of the
site? Not user friendly IMHO.

Cheers

Dave R