Old 06-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Mail order vegetables

In message , David W.E.
Roberts writes

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote
in message ...
In message , David W.E.
Roberts writes
Still only finding seeds - perhaps you could supply a URL for mail

order
cherry tomato plants?

Dobies:

http://www.dobies.co.uk/cffiles/resu...08&cat_ca_ref=
527

Took me about 5 minutes to find. note it's a framed site, so this breaks
the frames.

Unfortunately the site seems to be partially broken at the moment - can't
get the details of individual items.

I found out a way to make it work (as hinted at above "note it's a framed
site, so this breaks the frames.") - presumably the original URL from Google
was from an older version of the web site, and now only partially works?

No, I went via the Dobies homepage - it was speculative, but I new they
were one of the companies that supplies veg plants

I mentioned that it was a framed site because it would be missing the
all the other Dobies links and may not even (as transpired) have worked
properly if you tired to navigate around from it. You really need to go
bak to the home page and go from there. As you later discovered.

snip

So the site is now working, but still.....if the URL is alway shown as
http://www.dobies.co.uk/frameset.html then how do you bookmark parts of the
site?

That is one of the problems with a framed sites, because you can't just
bookmark page. I got the link by copying it from the button or whatever
on the page that would have sent you to the resulting page (to have
having to give navigation instructions). But this doesn't include the
main frameset and so we end up at the beginning of this little

Not user friendly IMHO.

Quite.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds