Old 06-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Frogleg

Default My witch hazel

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:52:50 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

... is in full bloom - and perfume. Oh bliss!

But the daphne seems to be stuck :-(

Why on earth do you Brits complain about your climate? I'm seeing all
kinds of posts of blooming plants and frogs in love and garden life
proceeding, and there's still a (small) pile of snow unmelted in a
shady corner of my yard from 2 weeks ago. A couple of crocus look
hopeful. A 1-day warm spell today (19C) is sandwiched between
yesterday's and tomorrow's (forecast) 4C, which will probably
encourage many plants to spring(!) into life and be frozen by possible
snow next mid-week. No okra is a small price to pay!