Old 06-02-2004, 08:32 PM
WiGard

Default Installing pavers on dirt GH floor

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:37:04 -0500, Trent-Lion wrote:

In article , madgardener
wrote:

3/8ths of an inch isn't that much, follow what the greenhouse
instructions say. Lay the weed barrier down, put a good three inch
layer of sand over that, and then set your pavers down on the sand.

If I put down some gravel first, would this be the order of installation?

1. gravel
2. weed barrier (to keep sand from running into gravel) 3. sand
4. pavers

Thanks.
T-L

Putting sand on top of the weed barrier certainly won't deter weeds.
Whatever weeds there are will surely take root in the sand.

Forget the weed barrier.

Put down 3-4" of sand. Level the sand. Soak the sand good with water so
it settles. Put pavers on top of sand. I would but pavers up to one
another and not worry about filling the cracks. Whatever water you may
have will find its own way through the cracks.

One problem you should watch for is ants and other burrowers which may
undermine your handiwork. I've reworked patios "damaged" by ants.