Old 06-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Trent-Lion

Default Installing pavers on dirt GH floor

In article , Ricky
wrote:

What's the gravel for? Just use the weed barrier and 2 to 3 inches of sand.

I thought while I was at it, I would put in some gravel, to improve
drainage. Charley's Greenhouse says:

"Drainage is key to having a successful greenhouse. There are several
types of floor materials that you can use to achieve proper drainage.
Loose material such as gravel, bricks, and pavers will provide proper
drainage and easy installation. Before laying down a loose floor
material it is important to remember the weed barrier to prevent weeds
taking over. ....
"An easy way to create your walkway is to place treated 2x4 lumber on
end, lay down 2" of crushed rock, then 1" of sand, and set the bricks
or pavers with 3/8" spacing."

But Charley's does not say where to put the weed barrier. The Charley's
text suggests that it is to go under all of the "loose floor material,"
but I thought perhaps the weed barrier could go between gravel and
sand, to keep the sand from going down into the gravel.

T-L
(total amateur)