Old 06-02-2004, 10:36 PM
Trent-Lion

Default Installing pavers on dirt GH floor

In article , WiGard
wrote:

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:37:04 -0500, Trent-Lion wrote:

In article , madgardener
wrote:

Putting sand on top of the weed barrier certainly won't deter weeds.
Whatever weeds there are will surely take root in the sand.

Forget the weed barrier.

Early in this project, I reported that I had put down pavers without a
weed barrier, was getting weeds, and asked about using Round-Up in a
GH. I believe the advice I got was take up the pavers and start over,
with a weed barrier. Charley's Greenhouse says, "Before laying down a
loose floor material it is important to remember the weed barrier to
prevent weeds taking over. ...." It seems that GHs are art, not
science, and that "best practices" are yet to be determined.
Thanks for all help.
T-L