Old 06-02-2004, 10:56 PM
John Savage

Default Weevils attacking beans

"Tellurian" writes:
I live in the ACT and my dwarf stringless, butter and purple king climbing
beans are all being attacked by weevils. I caught one and it looks like a
"vegetable weevil" but a lot of sites say they don't attack beans. Anyway,

You are finding a green or grey grub inside your string beans? I don't
think there is anything you can do to get rid of them apart from using
a chemical spray. Because the grub is inside the fruit, it will probably
be unaffected by anything unless it is systemic.

any poisons in my garden and I don't want to start. Also, do you know if
they move on after maturing or do they hang around for next years crop? All
information is appreciated.

You'll have them every year. Just something to look forward to. :-)
Though some years they might be worse than others.