Old 07-02-2004, 12:49 AM
chaz

Default pineapples

"Janice" wrote in message
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 21:47:15 -0500, Michelle
wrote:

I'de like to grow a pineapple from the top of the fruit just to see if
I can do it .
If I can I'll have a neat plant and If I cant' well I'd have thrown
out the top any way after eating it.
any one know how to cultivate a plant from the top.
I looked for a web site to tell me hoe to do it but could not find one
thanks
Michelle

I see others have answered, but thought I'd mention a book the library
*might* have. I read about pineapples, and all the other plants he
grew from other "leftovers,"it's: The After Dinner Gardening Book.

Janice

I have grown them successfully by simply placing the twisted off top in
moist soil and it will root on its own.

chaz