Old 07-02-2004, 05:30 AM
Tom La Bron

Default Fish Varieties?

BV,

Personally, I don't know why you just don't stick with Goldfish. There are
enough varieties in Goldfish alone to satisfy just about any taste. For
faster fish, get Shubunkins, Bristol Shubunkins, Wakins and Jikins, and, of
course, real Comets. Orandas do well in ponds situations as well do Philly
Veils, Ryukins and Fantails. Demekins are fun to watch in the water and for
a definite change there are always Toadheads, Celestials and Bubble-eyed
Goldfish. Then not to be forgotten are the Ranchu, Lionhead, Edonishikis,
and, of course, one of my favorites, the Phoenix.

With the variety of color mixed in variety of form, what more could you
want. The symbol for Goldfish in Chinese is homonymous with the character
for surplus. During the Chinese New Year you see Goldfish representations
every where because they are believed to symbolize "Surplus for the coming
Year." In many ways the people of China call Goldfish, "the Flower of the
Water." So let you pond bloom with Goldfish.

HTH

Tom L.L.
"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
OK, winter topic...discussed over and over every year...if you can't take
redundancy, go away...otherwise let's discuss.

My aquarium has a variety of fish, which makes it fun to watch. I wanna to
the same with my Koi/GF pond. What other varieties of fish are good for a
pond, and of those types which can take a MD winter?

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com