Old 07-02-2004, 07:33 AM
David Ross

Default Citrus in pots?

Peter Jason wrote:

I have a Tahitian lime tree in a pot next to a brick wall, and the plant
gets most of the afternoon sun.

Sadly, I have had only 3 limes the whole 3 years it has been planted.

The amount of fruit might depend on the variety of lime.

On the other hand, citrus in a container does respond well to
feeding and watering. In a container with well-draining potting
mix, the tree needs more water than in the ground. This tends to
leach out nutrients, which you must replace with frequent but
light feedings.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/