Old 07-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Black Pine cutting

Theo,

I use this simple method for a small amount of cuttings. I use a clay pot, seed starter mix (which is a mixture of peat and pumice) and a jar about the same diameter of the pot ai have chosen. After making the cutting, I dip the end in a rooting hormone
and push the cuttign into the seed starting medium. I tthouroughly wet the seed startr mix in the pot. Then I place the jar over the cuttings, creating a mini green house. Visualize the top of the jar closed in the illustration below. Keep soil medium
moist, but check for mold.
_
(_)
\_/

Kitsune Miko

Theo wrote:
HI Brent
very interesting explanations I could keep my Penta alive just for 7
months in a north position but not more , a side question
I wish to make come cuttings from my Prunus mume to make some gifts to
friends, as it has grown some long twigs and need to be trimmed soon
how could I proceed? I have no green house but could make a small one
for them
Thanks for your feed back
Theo

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++