Old 07-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Jim Humphries

Default Anti-Bird Netting

I have been using a similar netting for several years. The only problem I
have had was with smaller birds who sometimes flew under it. They entrapped
themselves and would die if not discovered quickly enough. I solved that by
strategically placed plantings. Netting is the only surefire way to avoid
losses from herons and the like.
--
Jim and Sara Humphries, Victoria, BC

"Ken Russell" wrote in message
u...
I lost three of my biggest goldfish to an egret, so I bought some

anti-bird
netting which is a nylon type web with about 3/4 inch holes.

It seems to me that a bird would not see the net (it's black) and could
still cause havoc in the pond if it got tangled in the net.

Have I chosen the wrong solution?

Regards,
Ken Russell

---