Old 07-02-2004, 04:02 PM
RM

Default Dog resistant sod?

You should have asked before, my border collie learned where and what the
hot wire was and stayed away from it for the most part, but as soon as it
was down she was back in where we had it up. They are smart dogs and unless
you are willing to leave it up from now on, your dog will go right back in
there. I swear my dog could see when it was unplugged. The invisible fense
works better because it is not something the dog see's, its just there and
they wear a collar that takes care of the shocking.

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
"RM" wrote:

It depends on the amount of shade. Tifway 419 is a hybred bermuda, only

in
sod form, there are no seeds for it. I have purchased it at various

grass
places in austin, the grass patch on 183 carries it. You can get it in

two
froms, sod grown in sand or sod grown in regular black dirt. The place

purchased it was:

http://www.bastroptexasusa.com/AZGrass/

This site has some very good information on the various types of grass

and
what works best in the area.

-D

As long as it is reasonably dog proof. G
I hated to do it, but we bought the materials for putting up a hotwire
today. Best dog training device for teaching them to avoid certain areas
as it's remote so you are not involved... Does not ruin your personal
relationship with them. She is such a loving dog, I just don't want her
to associate ME with this phase of her training...

I'd really like to get my English Ivy patch back! She has stomped that
to death too. :-P

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...