Old 07-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Dewitt

Default neglected orchid plant -- help!

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 17:21:02 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

Have I just killed my first orchid? Please, please, please, say
it isn't so.

In all likihood it will be fine. If the leaves are not wrinkled, I
wouldn't even be particularly worried. Don't try and compensate by
overwatering it now. You've watered it well so just go back to normal
watering. You might mist the aerial roots for the next week or so,
but don't keep the potting mix soppy.

Oh, by the way, if you have never killed an orchid, you can only be an
honorary member of this group. Real members have all left a trail of
dead plants in their wake. :-)

deg