Old 07-02-2004, 10:42 PM
K Barrett

Default neglected orchid plant -- help!

Amateur.
K Barrett

(*G*)

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
With a huge shock I realized this morning that one of my Dtps/Phal orchids
may have not been watered for several weeks and possibly as long as a

month.
:-( I don't know how it could have slipped that much below my radar

screen,
and I feel very guilty and rotten about myself this morning. Today I just
watered it with plenty of water.

My question: what can I do, if my worst fear is true that it was not

watered
for a month (the last entry for this plant in my spreadsheet where I keep
track of watering schedule for orchids in bark was 1/8/2004, I hope I

forgot
to put in another entry after that, but it is possible that it has been a
full month)? Have I just killed my first orchid? Please, please, please,

say
it isn't so.

This is the condition of the plant currently is as follows:

This plant is in bark. It stopped blooming around the second week of
January, after a long blooming season. (I feel so guilty.) The pot was

very
light when I picked it up this morning. It's leaves are much softer now

then
ever before, but they are still green. The aerial roots are still green as
well. Today the pot has been soaked in lots of water.

Is there anything else I can do for this poor plant (other than pray and
hope and not ever do this again)?

Joanna