Old 07-02-2004, 11:33 PM
Mary Fisher

Default My witch hazel

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:16:12 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Frogleg" wrote

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:52:50 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

... is in full bloom - and perfume. Oh bliss!

But the daphne seems to be stuck :-(

Why on earth do you Brits complain about your climate?

er - who's complaining?

Sorry. I see a lot of posts about the inability to grow certain
hot-weather, long-season plants. And "gee, it's been perfectly awful
here this week." Plus a vague general concensus that UK weather is
wet, gloomy, lacking sun, and something often to be endured, not
enjoyed. All these reports of spring springing in what seems to be a
usual fashion, well before snow, ice, and pervasive gloom is out of
*my* forecast makes me grumble. Reliable spring blooms and scent are
several weeks away, and you all have been talking 'spring' for quite
some time. I guess I'll just have to present an 8' outdoor gardenia
with scores of blooms in midsummer. Can't say I'd expect anyone to
envy the heat and humidity that accompanies this display...

Oh, I understand, sorry.

But I'm not apologising for our early colours and scents, we CAN have them
at all seasons if we want.

And I certainly haven't contributed to the 'vague general consensus'!

Mary