Old 07-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Cheap and interesting seeds in Lidl

The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:

My local Lidl has a rack of seeds again.

Their range for flowers and vegetables might be described as "eclectic"
and includes:

- TWO varieties of yellow dwarf french bean
- Kohl Rabi "Superschmelz" which (it is alleged) can grow to 10Kg and
- Scorzonera
- At least one variety of most common vegetables - some I've seen
recommended, others I can find no reference to!
- Sunflower, Marigold, dianthus, etc.
- Herbs

Packets are 29p or 49p

I need to give Lidl a visit - low on extra V olive oil and out of
bratwurst. Thanks for the tip about interesting seeds.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/