Old 08-02-2004, 02:12 AM
Wanda Too

Default Frangipani

It could be lack of sun I suppose. Mine is in full sun from about 12-2pm
onwards. The tree is in sandy, well draining soil that isn't all that rich
in nutrients, however it does regularly get a dose of fish emulsion &
seasol. I also spread soil improver on the garden bed perhaps a couple of
months ago.

"Trish Brown" wrote in message
Wanda Too wrote:

While we're on the topic of Frangipanis, What kind of conditions might

cause
one not to flower? I planted a red flowering one last year towards the

end
of winter & while it's got plenty of healthy looking leaves, there are

no
flowers.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I've got a pink-flowering one that's in the

shade
of a Brush Box. I reckon it's not getting enough sunlight hours per day to
flower. My neighbour has two beauties, not five metres away from this tree

and
they flower prolifically - they're in full sun!

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia