Old 08-02-2004, 04:32 AM
Dewitt

Default best ways to kill orchids?

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 04:13:39 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

How do you experts manage to kill orchids? I can't do it. I am very talented
at killing all other houseplants, cacti especially, but also some of those
plants (like dumbcane for example) that are supposed to be nearly impossible
to kill. I can kill them in almost no time at all. But I have never killed
an orchid yet, and if I have to kill a hundred before being taken seriously
by experts, I will need to learn from you experts how it can be done.

Water more. Keep the potting media good and soppy. Don't repot until
the potting media develops a distinct odor. Limit air flow and have
the foliage wet at night, especially when temperatures are low. Any of
the Psychopsis genus are good about rotting is you are having trouble.
Also, buy expensive orchids. They are expensive because nobody else
can grow them either.

deg