Old 08-02-2004, 05:25 AM
madgardener

Default Vermiculite now illegal?

inhaled or smoked? are we talking vermiculite or good ganja?? GBSEG
sorry couldn't resist, since it was Marley's birthday yesterday buffalo
soldier......................maddie

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 22:42:24 GMT, H Hornblower wrote:

I tried to purchase a bag of vermiculite in a store in Ohio
yesterday. The clerk said they didn't carry it anymore because it was
illegal. Any truth to this?
I remember something a while back about prolonged exposure and
cancer risk but it wasn't garden related.

I just bought some in Tennessee. But your laws may be different. You
might be able to oder it online--the shipping should be cheap as this
stuff is very lightweight. Sand or perlite are alternatives to
starting suttings. I've used vermiculite for years, although never
inhaled nor smoked it.
;-)