Old 08-02-2004, 06:00 AM
Robert Flory

Default Fluorite - How much rinsing ???!!!

"Eric Schreiber" wrote in message
"Nemo" wrote:

I picked up two bags of fluorite for my 25G. The instructions on the bag

say
rinse before use to wash off the dust. Well I rinsed for over an hour in

22L bucket and the water is still brown.

In addition to what Chuck said, bottom line with Flourite is that it's
very dusty stuff, and almost impossible to rinse completely clean.
Give it a couple of solid rinsings, then tank it. It'll cloud your
water some at first, but that will all settle out within a day or two.

It just bees that way

--
www.ericschreiber.com

I'm swaping out sand for flourite in a 55, one bag a week starting on one
end. I clear out the sand in a section, cut the end of the bag, submerge it
to the bottom and carefully dump. Clean the filter add Accurel-F and the
tank is relatively clear in a couple of hours, clear by bed time. No
problems out side of having to clean the filters again that night. The next
day I vac the tank gently to pick up what settled rather than got caught in
the filter.

Half done, no problems.

Can't move the fish, the angels (a pair) would (have tried to) kill the
angels in the other tank.
Bob