Old 08-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Frogleg

Default pineapples

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 14:40:37 +0400, "A" wrote:

Be aware that pine apple takes several months near a whole year before it
gives fruit.
And it needs hot climate, so it should be cultivated in a greenhouse to get
better results.
I am from a hot tropical country, Mauritius.
Once I tried to plant pineapple, after waiting for around 6 months, I could
not longer wait. I just tore it out of the soil 7 threw it away.
I learned much later that it takes around 1 year before it gives results.

The fun of many of these trials aren't so much producing fruit, as
making something grow. I often plant ginger and have achieved several
pretty plants, but by no means a sure supply of ginger. A sprouting
garlic clove is worth planting, and a chunk of horseradish must be
confined, or it will take over your garden. Even if not suited to the
outdoor climate, a pineapple or citrus may be an interesting
houseplant.