Old 08-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Rhiannon S

Default easy to grow?

Subject: easy to grow?
From: "Suz"
Date: 08/02/2004 13:47 GMT Standard Time

Thanks for all the replies. As I discovered Clarkia, I decided to see if
there were any plants with my daughter's names; Rosamund/Rosie is not a
problem, but any suggestions for Amy/beloved?

Hebe 'Amy' forms an upright shrub, with dark purple stems, which in time
reaches 3 ft (90 cm) high and 2 ft (60 cm). The leaves are deep shiny green,
flushed with purple 2 in (50 mm) long and 1 in wide, with purple new growth,
especially in winter. It has rich violet flowers in 2.5 in (60 cm) long spikes;
these are seen in summer and autumn. Not fully hardy, so best grown in gardens
near the coast, or in a protected frost-free garden.

http://www.hebesoc.vispa.com/Hebes/H...my/frame-2.htm

Geramium 'Amy Doncaster'
http://www.01shopper.co.uk/cottagega...-doncaster.htm
--