Old 08-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Sacha

Default berries on nandina domestica?

Bob Hobden8/2/04 1:00

"Sacha" wrote in message after Janet Baraclough

My local garden centre says that nandina domestica will produce a good
show of red berries for Christmas. According to books, it only produce
berries after a very warm summer.....so I'm wondering if urglers have
seen one with berries in the UK, and whereabouts?

Never seen any on ours.
--

If we get them to fruit in the outskirts of London I would have thought you
would also succeed where you are Sacha, can't imagine it's just summer heat

No idea, Bob. We'll keep a closer look out this year. We sell them, so
you'd think they'd cross pollinate but apparently not. There's also a very
mature one in the prop. house but that has no berries, either.
Interestingly, we saw hedges of them in California in autumn but those had
no berries, either.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk