Old 08-02-2004, 03:37 PM

Default CO2 problems

How warm must the bottle with the mixture be kept.Room temp;cooler,warmer?
Thanks Skipp
"Aquatic-Store.com" sales a@t Aquatic-Store.com wrote in message
Also check for excessive heat as this will kill the yeast

Kasselmann aquarium plants book 59.99

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Power compact bulbs and MH the lowest on the net
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75

do you want a FREE CO2 Regulator or FREE CO2 DIFFUSOR????

Swing on by our webbforum to see how to get one!!

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php

http://www.aquarium-plant-store.com

On 6 Feb 2004 23:29:58 -0800, (Dacaprice) wrote:

Ok.... so far everything I have read about a DIY CO2 setup is very
similar. I opted to by the Nutrafin system... but with the packets
they sold me I was getting nothing. I think the yeast was dead.
Regardless, I re-made my own mixture with yeast and baking soda using
the same measurements that come in the packets. I finally got
bubbles, but they only lasted a couple hours then nothing. I then
removed the Nutrafin canister and used a 1 gallon juice bottle,
increased the amounts of everything and presto... great bubbles. But
again it only lasted a couple hours. What is going on!?!?!? It is
very frustrating. I have soft water here; we have a water softener in
our home. Does that make a difference? Should I try a different
brand of yeast? Right now I am using Red Start Active dry yeast which
was just what was at the local supermarket. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.