Old 08-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Sacha

Default berries on nandina domestica?

Janet Baraclough ..8/2/04 2:55
..uk

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

snip

If we get them to fruit in the outskirts of London I would have thought you
would also succeed where you are Sacha, can't imagine it's just summer heat
then, perhaps they like to be cross pollinated or their pollinator isn't
down your way. Must be more too it.

Interesting, thanks. London's probably drier than Devon where Sacha
is, and possibly a few degrees warmer?

Janet.

I think I've solved the mystery, though I haven't been out to check on ours
yet. The variety 'Nana' doesn't berry as freely, if at all and I suspect
that's what we've got. The following site has some very good descriptions
and pics:
http://www.global-garden.com.au/back...09feature1.htm
--

Sacha