Old 08-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Dunter Powries

Default CO2 problems

Robert Flory wrote in message
The big juice bottles work for me. I get a couple of weeks at a run at the
very least. I just dump a bunch of sugar in (about double a two liter
bottle recipe) add water, shake to mix, add red star or what ever I find

on
the shelf and have bubbles in a half hour or so.

I stagger two bottles so optimizing the mix isn't worth the trouble.

I have two juice bottles on powerheads - 1½ cups sugar and a pinch of yeast
gives me better than ten days. I replace the mixture with each weekly water
change so for me, too, there's not much point in fine tuning the process any
further.