Old 08-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Algae Prevention

John

Disease gone?

I forgot you were moving (?) to LA. Where in LA?

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"fuerjefe" wrote in message

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:
John,

How are your ponds doing? And the koi?

Jim

I think every thing is still OK I cleaned it out and shut down the
pumps and ""filter""
when the cold weather hit, then I spent some time in the hospital
when I got out the second week in jan the pond is iced over pretty much
and the string algae has taken over,,, the babys are still growing it
looks like, and the adults are hangin in
I'm sure looking foreward to warm weather so I can see whats going on in
the ponds

and of course designing the new pond(s) :-)for the Louisiana property
hopefully after spending so much time here on rec ponds,, i can do the
nw ones without making as many mistakes as i did when I built the ones
here, the worst part is trying to figure how much of the filters,fish
and plants to try to take with me.

John Rutz