Old 09-02-2004, 01:43 AM
Bonnie Punch

Default I visited....

In article , says...
I've been lead to understant there is a swap plants and seeds forum
specifically. I'll let you know salty.............G
maddie who would LOVE some more somniferum poppy seeds to attempt another
established bed of them. I keep TRYING!!!!!

There are seed and plant exchanges there. I use the Canadian one
frequently. People routinely offer seeds for trade or SASE, and you can
post a "wanted" request. There seems to be an increasing number of
people who won't honour their side of the bargain in trading though.
It's generally worth it for the trade boards, but I find with the
forums you need to double check the advice you get. Cereus is right in
that most of the posters have very little knowledge beyond basic
gardening 101. Many of the posters are newbies with some very bad
advice, but there is the occasional knowledgeable poster. I can't count
the number of times I've seen a warning about pointsettia being
poisonous.

Bonnie Punch