Old 09-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Happy'Cam'per

Default algae affected by temp?

Hi Brian

I have also wondered if temps affect bga. Maybe it contributes a tad but I
think BGA is also affected by water quality and the build up of DOC. Do a
hefty water change, twice a week if the BGA is bad. I once had a tank that
was taken over by this stuff. If your tank is very new this might also
contribute to it. As always, YMMV.
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

"Brian" wrote in message
All else being equal, will warmer water produce more algae? Blue-green
algae in particular? Just curious, as I have more algae than usual, with
no other parameter changes I know of besides temp.

Brian Heller

It is easier to tame wild beasts
than to conquer the human mind.