Old 09-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Martin Brown

Default hyacynths

In message , BRAMSCAPE
writes
we were given a bowl of them at christmas and v much enjoyed the colour and
scent,now they are in decline and we are loath to just throw them away,how do
we store them andget them started again for next year,many thanks

Not worth storing them. But you can plant the permanently outdoors once
the weather warms up a bit and they will probably give you some flowers
in the garden next year. That is what I do with mine. Some prepared
bulbs will take more than one year to get the bulb back into flowering
condition.

It isn't worth bring them in as house plants two years running. It takes
far too much out of the bulb and they need a sheltered sunny spot
outside.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown