Old 09-02-2004, 04:45 PM
House of Paisley

Default best ways to kill orchids?

I was where you are at about a year ago. Within a year I have
managed to kill a good handful of tags. As Ray said... as you
get more plants it becomes easier. A few I have killed due to
not noticing they were staying a little too wet. A few have died
promptly on entering my house, others have died from those
dreaded red spider mites. I seem to have my greatest losses
with the transition between seasons spring and fall. Adjusting
to less or more water seems to send me out of my groove.
Give it time....

Crystal

--
http://home.comcast.net/~xtals/orchid.htm
"J Fortuna" wrote in message

How do you experts manage to kill orchids? I can't do it. I am very

talented
at killing all other houseplants, cacti especially, but also some of those
plants (like dumbcane for example) that are supposed to be nearly

impossible
to kill. I can kill them in almost no time at all. But I have never killed
an orchid yet, and if I have to kill a hundred before being taken

seriously
by experts, I will need to learn from you experts how it can be done.

Joanna