Old 09-02-2004, 04:59 PM
B-0b1

Default Cutter ants!! Help!!!!!

Dewitt wrote:

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 19:08:42 -0600, B-0b1 wrote:

Alex..I you an still get it...spread and rub ito the stem areas an OLD
but effective Tobacco Based bug killer called "Black Leaf 40"...if you
cannot, then take a few ouces of pure tobacco( strong type) and make an
infusion and Spray it on the lower leaves and upper stems...let me know
IF it works as DDT if you can get it at all is also very effective. Any
sulphur-based spray may also be effective if available. Stay in touch.
B-0b1

Tobacco based insecticides are generally not recommended these days
due to their toxicity and the possibility that they will introduce
tobacco mosaic virus.

deg

Mosaic Virus??? Hadn't seen that yet..My grandad used Black Leaf 40 for

over 35 . yrs and NEVER had ANY problems. He was not into
commerical sprays at all.
I'm talking PURE tobacco's NOT a mixed Tobacco spray made by some
chemical . company...old fashioned and reliable...but perhaps not
even available anymore??
A GOOD pure cleaned smokable product is what I'm
recommending..unless now
Tobacco causes lung fungus?? Since I do NOT smoke...I'd not heard
of this?? Can . Humans get it.??.as I know a gal that stuffs empty
ciggy "ready-made" shells with . fine pipe tobacco foolishly
thinking she's gaining something and NOT realizing that . the
metallic poisoing as well as Carbon Monoxide comes from the flax paper
alone!!
Oh well...ALL bad habits all have their "Grave-yard"
preparations?? LOL! B-0b1