Old 09-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Sandy

Default algae affected by temp?

Troy Bruder wrote:
Funny you asked that. I recently lowered my tank temp from 74ish to
72ish and my algae has significantly been reduce/slowed.. Maybe just
coincidence...but I like the way it's working out!

Troy
"Brian" wrote in message
All else being equal, will warmer water produce more algae?
Blue-green algae in particular? Just curious, as I have more algae
than usual, with no other parameter changes I know of besides temp.

Brian Heller

It is easier to tame wild beasts
than to conquer the human mind.

Blue green algae isn't, it is a bacteria. It can live anywhere, at any
temperature and is even found at high altitudes in the atmosphere.

If you want to read more about it have a look here.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/bacteria/cyanointro.html

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/bacteria/cyanolh.html

I found out a lot about it when our local trout fishery was closed down
because of it, my daughter, who is a microbiologist, looked up some of it
for me and I found the rest.

Google search on Cyanobacteria for plenty more info.

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--