Old 09-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Bitey

Default SAE ??

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 05:16:51 -0600, Dick
wrote:

Weird! I have SAEs in 4 tanks, all community. I have seen them suck
along the side of a fish, but the host fish has not even tried to get
away. Nothing bad has happened. I do have a large angelfish in one
of the tanks. I think I had a problem in a 10 gallon tank between a
SAE and a Clown Loach. He is a runt and wasn't eating well. I
noticed the SAEs bumping him. I moved the CL to my quarantine tank
where he has flourished. In another 10 gallon I have a beautiful sail
fin Platy male that seems intimidated by the SAE. None of the other
fish have even a suspicion of conflict or injury. I am talking in all
tanks 14 species, 140 fish and 20 SAEs. My tanks size 75 gal, 29, and
10.

Does your clown loach look something like this:

http://www.geocities.com/pktechlizard/skinny.htm ?

Very common.