Old 10-02-2004, 08:54 AM
D Russell

Default Greenhouse Tomato Recommendations

"Robert E A Harvey" wrote in message
m...
"Grinch" wrote in message

m...
I would very much appreciate some advice from the various successful

tomato
growers out there.
After 2 seasons of growing Alsa Craig & Alicante I am getting what I

think
are virus problems compounded with a bit of botrytis.
Can anybody recommend a greenhouse tomato variety that is resistant to

mould
& virus attacks.

My Grandad used to grow "Gardener?s Delight". I don't think it's
completely resisitant, but he reckoned it wasn't as susceptible.
Fruits variable size, very tasty.

I'd agree with that, I tend to grow the tom and cuc's etc al in one
greenhouse, I know, not the best plan, but it's all I've got. I've found
Shirley, Sweet Million, and GD to be very good.

If there really is a virus problem it might be as well to not grow tom's in
the Ghouse for a year, or to change the topsoil in there. Might help.
Duncan