Old 10-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Dick

Default Anubias Questions....

On 08 Feb 2004 18:20:29 GMT, (Nsty N8) wrote:

Hello,
I have a low tech 10 gallon with kitty litter/sand, no co2 and a 15w light
fixture.
The tank has crypt wendtii and java moss. I want to add either anubias nana or
anubias coffeefolia. I have a few questions...
Since anubias are slow growers are they a target for bb algae? Or is that only
an issue with intense lighting and co2 tanks?
How large do the leaves get on the anubias nana?
I saw anaubia nana "pettite" available, however; the cost was ~$8.00 for a
portion the size of a quarter, could some1 recommend a cheap source of the
"pettite" nana?

Thanks
N8

I have anubias in all my community tanks. I did have some algae
problems, but cut the hours of light with a timer and new foliage is
clear.

I have one large anubia in the corner of a 10 gallon tank. It has
several large leaves left over (pre light control) that have heavy
black algae stuff. I haven't decided if I want to ruin the symmetry
enough to cut the leaves or not. The leaves at the top of this anubia
are close to the top of the tank. It has the large roots that come
down from the stalk. I am going to have to perform surgery
eventually, but it is so nicely formed I keep putting it off.