Old 10-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Does it realy fox the fox?

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

A mechanical barrier, in our experience, has been the only effective
prevention of fox ingress, it works where all the chemical ones haven't.

One way that has worked for me (for nearly five years now) is a Maremma
Sheepdog. This is a livestock guard dog and foxes (and other unwanted
visitors g) do not step on her territory. Too big for an urban garden,
though, Mary.

I know that's a possible solution and very suitable for a larger piece of
land, I've tried persuading Welsh daughter to have one. But for us no, we
don't want a dog. When we go off the hens take up enough room in the back of
the car, apart from the expense and hair and barking and ...

Anyway we don't really like dogs. Not that you'd have been able to tell :-)

Mary

--
Howard Neil