Old 10-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Harry Muscle

Default Dumb question, or genius thought?

wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:13:17 -0400, "RedForeman ©®"
wrote:

If you need iron in your water, what can be done besides adding iron as a
fert???
Can you drop an iron nail in the water??? will it release iron in the

water?
I wouldn't, but this question was posed at the LFS I was in on

Saturday...
wanna guess what the 17year old guy said?

\/

\/

\/

Try it and see, couldn't hurt?

he's right, it wont hurt. (one nail)
theres probally worse things that come into
contact creating fish food at factorys.

Are iron nails really made of pure iron? My first guess would be no. I
would think it would be some kind of iron alloy, which means you'd be
leaching other things into the tank also, those might prove harmful.

Harry

P.S. Thing that come in contact with fish food at the factory do so for a
short period of time, it's not too valid of an argument.