Old 10-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Giancarlo Podio

Default Dumb question, or genius thought?

Here's an old post fom the APD:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plant.../msg00333.html

If the author is right perhaps a nail driven deeply into the substrate
where there is little oxygen might work.

Giancarlo Podio

wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:13:17 -0400, "RedForeman ©®"
wrote:

If you need iron in your water, what can be done besides adding iron as a
fert???
Can you drop an iron nail in the water??? will it release iron in the water?
I wouldn't, but this question was posed at the LFS I was in on Saturday...
wanna guess what the 17year old guy said?

\/

\/

\/

Try it and see, couldn't hurt?

he's right, it wont hurt. (one nail)
theres probally worse things that come into
contact creating fish food at factorys.