Old 10-02-2004, 05:44 PM
Shystev99

Default Avocados from seeds? Any tips?

step 1: learn how to use a web search tool like google.
go to http://www.google.com
enter search string like "grow advocados"

Not to sound to rude here but I did that and IF you had read the first sentence
or 2 in my first post you would have seen that was the first thing I said. Here
I'll quote MY original post just as YOU posted it back to me.
On 09 Feb 2004 22:12:12 GMT, Shystev99 wrote:
Hi all,
I am going to try to plant an avocado from a seed. I have searched websites

and
found 2 main ways of doing it, First let the seed sit in water pointed end up
till it sprouts.(I've tried this method once before and all that happened was
the seed split in half after about 2 weeks or so.)

I had 4 years of horticultre back in highschool but that was years ago and we
never really started things from seed.

What does the second sentence in that quote say? Does it not say I have
searched websites and found 2 main ways of doing it? I then went on to describe
the 2 ways I found ON GOOGLE in my searches.
The reason I came to the board to ask is because I wanted to find someone with
advice or tips who have actually tried either method, Is one method more
successful than the other? Are there any things the people learned from each
method they could suggest to me? You don't get this through a google search,
You get this through asking people who have done it themseves.
Now the people who have responded have been very polite and helpful but as YOU
have proven the board has it's share of rude smart mouth jackasses as well.
Steve