Old 10-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Katra

Default Avocados from seeds? Any tips?

In article ,
TCS wrote:

On 09 Feb 2004 22:12:12 GMT, Shystev99 wrote:
Hi all,
I am going to try to plant an avocado from a seed. I have searched websites
and
found 2 main ways of doing it, First let the seed sit in water pointed end
up
till it sprouts.(I've tried this method once before and all that happened
was
the seed split in half after about 2 weeks or so.)

I had 4 years of horticultre back in highschool but that was years ago and
we
never really started things from seed.

step 1: learn how to use a web search tool like google.
go to http://www.google.com
enter search string like "grow advocados"

While I agree somewhat, and have finally learnt to google most of the
time, what good are these discussion lists if we can't discuss questions
like this?

Sometimes websearching can be frustrating, and it's nice to talk
directly to other folks that have had first hand experience!

The pineapple thread is a perfect example. It's motivated me to give
planting those seeds a shot! We do find them from time to time when
skinning store bought pineapples. :-)

I've never had much luck personally growing an avocado from seed. I had
one once that got to be about 3 ft. high, then died.

I finally sprang for some grafted ones on ebay. They were reasonable.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,