Old 10-02-2004, 06:55 PM
Shystev99

Default Avocados from seeds? Any tips?

While I agree somewhat, and have finally learnt to google most of the
time, what good are these discussion lists if we can't discuss questions
like this?

I agree, Isn't the purpose of newsgroups like this is to have a forum people
with certain interests can go to share information, talk to other people, share
successes, share failures, share ideas for how to avoid problems, and most
importantly have a place where we can learn and teach?
I apologize to the entire board for snapping at the poster who told me to learn
how to use google. I don't honestly know if the person meant it as a personal
shot or attack but the way it was worded

step 1: learn how to use a web search tool like google.
go to http://www.google.com
enter search string like "grow advocados"

To me looked more as a remark that was meant to imply I was either lazy or
stupid. If I was I would have never listed or explained the 2 ways of planting
a seed the way I did, Had I been to lazy or to stupid to use google I would
have simply came to the board and in a 1 sentence question I would have asked

I have an Avocado seed, How do I get it to grow?

I didn't do that, I researched, Shared what I had found in that research and
then asked people who may have had hands on experience if there were any
successes or failures with either method I found through that research.
If I was wrong to ask a question then I truly apologize to everyone. But my
view has always been when you stop asking questions you stop learning.

I apologize to the group for snapping back at the poster, But I don't
appreciate being talked down to. If I feel someone is taking a shot at me, I'm
gonna shoot back.
Steve