Old 10-02-2004, 07:03 PM
TS

Default Lighted Orchidarium!

In article m,
"Claude" wrote:

Wonderful display!

Maybe a little hard to reach when watering but looks great!

Claude

"TS" wrote in message
| We have been looking for something for the corner of our living room for
| a while. The other day at Sam's Club, we spotted a terrarium that would
| be perfect. We bought it and assembled it. It has glass sides and doors,
| and is very nice looking. Since I wanted to actually grow orchids in the
| unit, I decided I needed to light it somehow. I found one of those
| compact florescent "Lights Of America" lights that I no longer use since
| I bought a MH for the basement grow area. I then cut a square hole in
| the top or the unit and mounted the light using 4 screws. The light is
| brown- same color as the unit, so it looks like it was made to be that
| way!
| So, the light is in, some orchids are in and doing great. They seem to
| love the light- and it appears to be a perfect fit. I doesnt get hot at
| all since it is mounted outside of the unit- as opposed to mounted
| inside- under the top.
|
| So, the terrarium costs $129, the light was around $20, and $5 for
| timer.
|
| Here are some pics- click on "Latest Uploads" or the "Flowers" album to
| see the new orchidarium, and some pictures of my window display and
| assorted flowers.
|
| http://eyewitnessnewstv.com/Global/link.asp?L=102399

Thanks! If you look at the other photos in the "Flowers" section you
will see where I display most of my plants- it's a bow window with a
hope chest in front. There are also pictures of my basement grow area,
and some shots from a greenhouse and a local Flower Show.