Old 10-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Shystev99

Default Avocados from seeds? Any tips?

Good luck and let me know how you make out.

Thanks,
I planted it today using the pot method I found on a website.
http://www.ucavo.ucr.edu/AvocadoWebS...ite/General/An
swers.html#anchor1425491

Top paragraph, It says to cut the top 1/4 inch off the top of the seed, place
it in moist soil and wait. I'm gonna give it a try and see what happens.
I do have one more uneaten avocado lying around, It will have a much smaller
seed so what I may do is do the toothpick thing again with it.
I tried the toothpick and water thing before and it split in half and nothing
happened so I was kind of dissapointed with it.
I'll have the potted seed and water method side by side as soon as we decide to
cut into it.
I'll give em both 6 - 8 weeks if nothing happens by say mid April, I may just
chuck em.
Steve