Old 10-02-2004, 07:41 PM

Default algae affected by temp?

Bill Kirkpatrick wrote in message ...
Hey, great, I'll take you at your word. But, in the future,
you should be more careful about science like ...

"Many/most species of algae can store PO4 for up to 100
generations..."

100 generations, you got "mom", then 2, 4, 8, 16 ... 1.6E30
cells, that's tons of material, literally. That's one good
lot of PO4 storage for dear 'ol mom.

As promised: here's the reference that posted sometime ago.

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plant.../msg00087.html

It's not a question of being MORE careful, it's a question of putting
every one of your assumptions and questions at bay here. You asked a
lot of questions but the time is over for that and time for you to see
the observations for your self.

I suggest:
Take a look at the AGA contest winners, ask on the APD, see what folks
add to their nice tanks that are looking good.
Ask over in Singapore, ask in the UK, Ask down in Dallas Fort plant
club, Ask out in the Bay area www.sfbaaps.com.

Look at Paul and Kevin's assertions, they are by no means backing up
much, eg no control, questionable testing methods(how good accurate
are their test kit?), and 2 low light plant tanks.

I would not base generalizations based on 2 cases studies.
It would warrant further investigation and it did make improvements to
keeping plants.

Which is what I and others did........

So now it's your turn to do some digging.
Please, do some seraching and asking around.

Regards,
Tom Barr