Old 10-02-2004, 08:08 PM
rschmitt23

Default [IBC] Annealed Copper Wire

"Alan Walker" wrote in message
news:000201c3ef7c$9cf5bf40$6101a8c0@Alan...
Ray: I've had a different experience, at least with the larger gauges.
Yeah, smaller gauges like 14, 16 or 18 hardly need annealing in the
first place, but larger gauges (4, 6, 8, 10, 12) are not sufficiently
annealed for safely wiring bonsai, even though the box claims they are
annealed.
Alan Walker
snip

Alan: I try to avoid wiring with gages larger than 10. I find that I lose
the "feel" needed to do a proper wiring job. If the branch is really stiff,
I've used several methods: double windings of 10 ga copper wire; branch
benders; and rigging. Occasionally I've used a combination of these methods
on a branch.

Later

--
Ray Schmitt, Aliso Viejo, CA