Old 10-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Ra

Default [IBC] Annealed Copper Wire

"rschmitt23" wrote Alan: I try to avoid wiring with gages larger than 10. I find that I lose
the "feel" needed to do a proper wiring job. If the branch is really stiff,
I've used several methods: double windings of 10 ga copper wire; branch
benders; and rigging. Occasionally I've used a combination of these methods
on a branch.

I still haven't harvested this wire..
but I'm going to try it on some tough old 2 year Ficus that
will be really hard to bend at this point.

Today, I trimmed one of them.
I decided to go for Broom style although I'm leaving some criss-cross
branches in there. Once the thing bushes, the interior will be invisible anyway.

The trunk has about a dozen air roots that have successfully reached the
ground and are rapidly thickening.

This happened while the plants were on the pool deck, where things get dried
out more than usual. Once I get my 'misting areas' completed, I hope to
encourage a large batch of Ficus Bonsai with 50 roots each.

I'm in the Florida Keys.

--
best regards,
Ra