Old 11-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Cowboy Bob

Default Cutter ants!! Help!!!!!

You think so. So did I. There was a single mound in my yard when I lived
offf Cameron Rd. I told the landlord to leave them be. In a few months
it rained, and the entire yard was covered. Hundrends of mounds, over 20
that were more than 6 feet in diameter with multiple openings. Billions
of ants. Stripped the entire yard, every ornamental, all the trees and
most weeds, and spread into the neighbors yard. They were crawling up
the exterior walls. Like a scifi movie. Used nematodes, applied several
times over a few weeks. Took a few more months, but they were beat back.
Weren't eliminated, but beat back. I used to say I had the world's
largest urban colony of leaf-cutter ants.

Richard

Rusty Mase wrote:

If a colony of leaf cutter ants, fungus ants, town ants, what ever you
want to call them, showed up in my yard and wanted a rose plant to
eat, well rose plants are really cheap.

Rusty Mase